Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Buttercup66
New Contributor

BPD and drug use

My daughter is suffering from bpd her mood swings are horrible. I have two younger daughters they are fed up with her carry on she smashes up our home now I find she is taking ice. I cannot seem to find any help as we live 3 hours from a main city. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: BPD and drug use

Hey @Buttercup66 Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear what you're experiencing, it sounds like a really stressful time for you and your younger daughters too. Depending on her age headspace may be helpful? There might be something useful here 

BPD Australia here 

Factsheet here  

I'm going to tag @BPDSurvivor for you.

What supports do you have in place at the moment? I have sent you an email with some more info and a link to the SANE guided service. 

Warm regards,

Paperdaisy 

Hi there @Buttercup66 ,

It sounds like it’s very stressful for all involved. As much as your daughter is hurting, it’s important you younger ones feel safe in their own home.

Does your daughter think there’s an issue? 

I have BPD and one of the things I’m most grateful for was having people set boundaries. That is, they let me know what was acceptable and what was not and the consequences of my behaviour. Of course I did kick against the boundaries, but under all that, I was grateful.

put it this way… your daughter’s behaviour is a result of something much deeper. Emotional anguish which she herself probably cannot understand.

I was only reading the other day that people with BPD have the most intense emotional pain. Imagine living years with this pain?

that was my life. Until eventually, people took me under their wing and I got the support I needed. It was a hard hard road. 

DBT online therapy is probably the closest you’ll get if you live away from main towns. I was fortunate enough to have 18 months of intense MBT treatment.

Good news? BPD is 100% treatable. It just needs a very tailored and careful approach.

Just hold on there. 

Thank you

Hi @Buttercup66 , How is your daughter? Thinking of you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance