Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Winning recipes!

@RMG 

This is one of a few cooking discussion threads you might enjoy posting in.

hello @Former-Member , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @NatureLover@Bezak482@outlander@Appleblossom@Lee82@Lee71@frog@Determined 

any new recipesxx

Hi @Shaz51 

I have never been able to do risotto until this recipe:

http://wallflowerkitchen.com/creamy-mushroom-risotto-vegan-gf/

Can jazz it up by adding roasted pumpkin cubes and/or stirring in some baby spinach at the end.

Hi @Darcy@Adge@musicfanatic_x@Dizzyizzy@NatureLover@Bezak482@outlander@Appleblossom@Lee82@Lee71 , @Determined 

What's cooking?

ohhh that looks sooo yummy @frog Heart

we are having meat pie and veges tonight xxxx

Hospital food is cooking @frog

Sorry I don't know the recipe for it.

Ricotta & Spinach roll, baked pumpkin & mashed potato.

Yum.

I have always been Nill by mouth  (fasted) for 5 to 10 days, after any of my Surgeries - only fed by a Drip line in arm.

No food until I was about to be discharged.

This is the first time ever that I'vebeen able to eat  (allowed) soon after a surgery.

Smiley TongueAdge

@Shaz51 Hi @Darcy@Adge@musicfanatic_x@Dizzyizzy@NatureLover@Bezak482@outlander@Appleblossom@Lee82@Lee71 , @Determined 

Tonight we had Otway Pork meatballs, done in a pan in the oven with kipfler potatoes, onions, rosemary, bay leaf and cherry tomatoes. Not bad, although I would recommend having a side dish of green beans, cauliflower or brocolli as well.

A vegitarian alternative - could replace the meatballs with tempeh or tofu, although would need to marinate it in something tasty first.

Cheers Bez

Tonight we had skin on salmon 

Salad including reddish, broccolini, garlic, mushroom, cherry tomatos, beans and baby spinach leaves lightly fried.  

15min to prepare and cook. 

Screenshot_20201005-180149_Gallery.jpg

Yumm sounds good  @Determined , @Bezak482 , @Adge , @frog , @Former-Member , @Emelia8 , @FindingStrength , @Faith-and-Hope 

Was very nice @Shaz51 

My GP wants me to try a keto meal plan to help with chronic fatigue. So trying to cook with keto friendly ingredients. 

Ohh that is good @Determined 

They say the keto is good for diabetes  and I wonder  about kidney disease  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance