Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Attahua
Senior Contributor

Update on partner with schizoeffective who was let down by MH team and had a single car accident as a result

Hi #Darcy# after 5 months I finally brought my partner home from hospital a week and a half ago! It was a very tumultuous 5 months as not only was I going through all that stuff with the local MH team, which was a successful meeting btw which included not only our local MP rep as MP was in parliament that day but also the clinical director of SA , needless to say the MH team finally listened to me😳 But anyway in that time my grandfather passed and do did my partner's dog so it was just one hit after another , and we have just been hit with another blow as my own father now faces a stage four cancer diagnosis so looks to be a potentially rough year this year but needless to say....we will battle thru, always do. Anyway, my apologies for not being on this site in a long time but things have been terribly hectic! I will take some time now to catch up ❤️

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Update on partner with schizoeffective who was let down by MH team and had a single car accident as a result

@Attahua
Sounds like you are happy with outcome of meeting which is great.
Sending gentle thoughts your way.
Darcy

Re: Update on partner with schizoeffective who was let down by MH team and had a single car accident as a result

Hey @Attahua
How are things going?

Hello @Attahua

Thank you for the update, I am pleased to here that your partner is out of hospital and back at home, it sounds incredibly hard that in that time your grandfather passed as well as your partners dog, I am sorry to hear that.

On top of that you are now faced with the news that your father has stage 4 cancer, which is incredibly tough and you are finding a way of battling through, feel free to reach out on the forums for some greatly deserved support. 🙂

Hi @Attahua

So good to read that the meeting was successful. Sorry to read about your losses and father's illness. Hugs 

Hello @Attahua, how are you going my friend Heart

Hi @Attahua

Trust things are going ok for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance