Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

First day back at work after almost 4 weeks at home. 1 hour in and I get the usual text saying how depressed darling is and how she is not coping.

And deapite this it is a mystery to my darling why I am 'too useless' to hold full time employment 🤐

Once uni starts back proper I will have to ensure backups are in place and leave my phone off when I leave the house.

One of our boundaries that I find the hardest as I am always worried about home and often distracted and ineffective as a result. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Add to that after my first day back at work I feel completely wiped out.  Thankful that I came back to a relatively contented household. 

Currently working on ndis review for S1.

That is challenging and emotionally draining to say the least. Meeting is tomorrow. Hoping they are not going to want too much more jumping through hoops. 😴

Thank you, this gives me greater strength & determination! I have some suggestions from the forum to follow up on too. Feeling more supported through this forum already 🙂

I can relate. Often feel hijacked and sometimes wonder if there is a little bit of addiction (in reference to the 'predictive behaviours') mixed up amongst this.... Can imagine your relief to go home to a relatively contented home 🙂

Checking in @Determined , how are you going Bro?

All relatively ok atm @Former-Member 

Has been a busy week. 

Have had some developmental concerns raised re S3 today 😕  we have had some concerns for a while but someone in a professional capacity confirmed our fears today. We have moved a paediatric review forward by 6 months. Feeling really deflated tonight. 

@Determined 

You did flag some concerns earlier and I was wondering how things were going.  Give yourself some time to process this Bro,  writing down questions as you think of them to ask at paediatric review might be helpful.

Have you been able to find a therapist for yourself as yet?

Was kind of hoping I was just looking into things too much @Former-Member  but the gap seems to be getting bigger 😕

Re councillor... still waiting. Need to follow-up this week. On a waiting list. 

Sometimes the gut is spot on @Determined and you know the little man better than anyone else.

Hopefully you hear soon re: counselor.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance