Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Me too @Smc , @Determined ❤❤

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Shaz51 @Determined ... as much as it makes sense and functions well having the forum "anonymous", we end up getting to know each other and making friends. So when someone leaves, they may be faceless to us, but they're not "nobodies".
I guess we've got grief to deal with over losing a friend, like we would have if someone moved away with no option of keeping in touch once they'd gone.
I think I've gone through similar when we've sponsored children, but once they grow up and move on, you don't know where life takes them. You hope they continue well and have a good life, but you never actually know.

Very true @Smc , @Determined 

I remember  the founder of the sane forum and she was the first community manager when I arrived  here 6 years ago 

I still wonder how she is going and what she is doing , she has C,F 

That about sums it up @Smc 

Anonymous does not mean void of emotional connection. I will always value the friendships I have formed here. And wonder how those who have moved on are travelling. 

Yes, totally agree @Determined ❤

Hi @Determined @Smc @Shaz51 ..... missing Darcy too, and sending up a prayer for her when I think of her .....

I miss Cherry Bomb, Nik Nik, Rockpool and so many others too @Shaz51 

Sorry @Determined I must have missed your tag on the 14th.  I went really well last semester.  I just put my best foot forward, not knowing where the bar was, and I hit it ..... 👍

I hope you were satisfied that you gave it your best shot, circumstances permitting ......

❤️ @Smc .....

Heyo @Determined... you're probably in the new QLD lockdown area?

@Smc  Thankfully we are outside of that area. It is chaos on the roads with everyone trying to escape. 

Kind of defeats the purpose of a lockdown if everyone is given an opportunity to leave I think. 

It's a hard call @Determined ... are you talking about locals getting out, or tourists?

If it's tourists, then fair enough if they need to get home so that a week's holiday doesn't end up indefinitely extended... as long as they stick to the rules and isolate and get tested if needed when they get home. If it's locals, then nah, they should be staying home.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance