Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Brief electricity power out this morning, took the opportunity to borrow the neighbours green bin and fill it.

Additionally I planted the remaining two gyspophila plants we had left, prompted by the mess our pup made with the plant he had brought indoors so that he could chew on the container. Further investigations revealed he had got into our potted collection and the 6 plants I had in tubestock were gone. Mr Darcy told me today he rescued one plant on Sunday and had put it up , so that one and the one I resucued from today's misdemeanour were put in ground. Heavier plants and those potted up in terracotta were ok.

996755ae40941cfea2c6993fda3a41bb.jpg

Had need for some hardware today and was so pleased to find some evergreen magnolias with cream flowers that do not grow so tall and was able to get the three we needed to screen a section of bare fence line.  Was pleased that we got them in ground too in keeping with our desire to plant the day we buy.

Cream-Fairy-Magnolia-Hedge.jpg

Doing better than me, @Former-Member. I got the Corella Pear that I bought a few weeks ago planted two days ago... But it looks nice and healthy, the soil was reasonable and has had extra composty manure stuff added, topped off with woodchips and well watered. 🙂

And a wallaby guard put around it too. That's a must do.

Not quite @Smc  have 4x barerooted fruit trees still waiting for us to finish the espalier set up. The need for some extra hardware for this was the reason for our trip in the first place.

Got a bit more work done in the garden over the last couple of days. This included weeding, moving some wanted bulbs (not really the right time but won't be a problem if they don't take) as well as planting 3x standard roses. Still digging out unwanted plants - there are heaps of arum lilies and other spreading bulbous plants that we are trying to eliminate. 

Hello @Former-Member 

I cut back the lemon grass plant  yesterday  

Growing your own lemongrass = :ok_hand: @Shaz51 .

images - 2020-07-30T221004.901.jpeg

images - 2020-07-30T221106.181.jpeg

Ha ha yes @Former-Member 

the lemongrass clamp in getting bigger Smiley LOL

have to drink more lemongrass tea 

@Smc@Adge@Determined@Sophie1@Anastasia@onestepatatime 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance