Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Good grief.... oyster.... lol.... “internet”... even auto correct knows I needed a laugh. 

@Carlachris

Don't you wish it was possible to do this  🤐 ???

Yep it’s pretty bad. He is dementia phobic and his fave Aunty aged 94 just passed away 6 wks ago. She was diagnosed in her 70s. His paternal family line he is 64”. It’s all too big at the moment.

Yes he can learn new tricks but not on FB. It’s a dreadful place when in crisis. 

@Carlachris 

Oyster, new what you meant,  thought you were using a code word 😁😁😁.

Added grief= 😔. Possible trigger???

Hello @Carlachris Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear how hopeless you are feeling around the situation with your partner. Smiley Sad From what I gather, he has Aspergers and other MH Issues? Despite his developmental and/or mental health difficulties, being subject to verbal abuse is not okay. If you or anyone else he interacts with are ever feeling unsafe, I would strongly suggest for you to reach out to Crisis Services (i.e., 000 or 13 11 14). 

I can hear that your partner has some level of MH supports in place - this is a good start. However, I am uncertain as to whether you have any supports for yourself? If you feel you need extra MH support it may be worth giving our help centre a call (1800 18 72 63) or using our webchat. We are open 10AM - 10PM, Monday to Friday EST. You could also contact 1800 Respect given your partner's stated anger problems and verbally abusive behaviours. I'm positive both of these services could be useful to you.

I am glad that you have been getting community support from @Mrsjones and @Former-Member. Please feel more than free to continue to reaching out for support on the SANE Forums as no-one deserves to go through what you are alone.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Thankyou. Thankyou so very much. I agree with all of the above. I have taken all the numbers and suggestions and written them down and hidden them from his paranoia. I needed them.

He is having a good day today and I am able to talk calmly and reasonably with him I have said everything to him that I have said to you all this morning. He agrees he needs further help. 

Tomorrow we are setting his mother’s aged care financials in place via POA and then he will be transferring the POA responsibilities to me. After that he will be seeing his psychologist and hopefully the start of a new chapter. In our lives. 

And of Course TODAY her will and bequeaths arrive and he is a substantial beneficiary. All good but all triggers. 

One day one hour one page at a time.

thankyou for your kind understanding. I truly appreciate every word.

Gosh it’s hard sometimes. I’m thinking of you and hoping we are all able to be with our loved ones but MI has no sense or reason. Wishing you big hugs and hope.

@Mrsjones  see above message, think it is for you 😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance