Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Smc 

Is it possible to attend to the items in the near future that you have identified as no longer required?

Mr Darcy ensured the rag bags x2 we had set aside were offered to the gardener who did a job for us today, they were gratefully accepted. Yay. 

@Former-Member, that's the hope. Will see how things work out.
We need to do an unplanned trip to the parents' place next week. The council's not happy with their very overgrown garden, given it's fire danger season. Smiley Frustrated
Feeling badly done by. The council guy was being nice about it as such, but the call came as we were monitoring the local fire situation and trying to work out if we had to pack and go. Too much at once.

@Former-Member  as it happens I have been looking at the above mentioned garden equipment this last week. 

While it is in a practical sense surplus to needs and taking up a lot of space in the shed I am.quite fomd of it and unloading it just  yet seems too hard 😬  

Managed to get the boat out of the shed this week booked in for essential maintenance next week so we can get on the water in time for school holidays. My plan is to re organise the shed while there is some more room to move. Part of that process will be giving consideration to the mower.  Think it will come down to how much someone will pay for it as it is an expensive piece of equipment. (We paid less for our last car lol). 

@Smc ... 

Double whammy 🥴

🙏🙏🙏

Hope on both counts things work out for the best. And the unplanned travel is not too draining. 

@Determined 

I rather suspected that might be the case 😀. No pressure Bro. 

You did identify  some things in the kitchen that you felt were excess to your needs that you felt you are ready to part with and I would gently encourage you to make a start there.  You might then be able to apply the same process later when in the shed and be able to attend to items that are not in active use that you are not so attached to. 

Yikes @Smc will Sis/other family help with the tidy up at your folks place?

My sister won't be available, no holidays until early next year. I'm hoping to ask some cousins who live in the area who have previously offered to help. They're keen gardeners, so if they can, it may even be a good opportunity to pass some plants on to them. If their own garden isn't already too full.
Hubby and I will both go up with the trailer in tow. Younger Daughter is away on a school camp next week, so that works well. Except we had been hoping for some "just the two of us" self care time. 😞 Yesterday's alert really showed that we need it.
Aaand we're not quite finished cleaning up our own yard. It's close to where I think it would pass the council's yearly inspection, but given the likelihood of a high fire danger season, I'd like to do better than just passable.

Funny Sayings - Cool Funny Quotes

After getting my boat out of the shed this past week and cleaning it out I now have a new mess in the shed to clean up and stuff to find homes for.

Seems at the end of our moving process the boat turned into a big 'too hard basket' lol.

Boat going to the mechanic this week. 

I will have to find homes for the recently unloaded contents in order to have room to put it back. 

Need a bigger shed 🤣

@Determined  Bigger shed????

download (7).jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance