Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Rachele
New Contributor

Coping

Hello all,

I am new to this website and I am need to get away from myself. I have not worked for 4 months due health issues. Been home for me its like been looked up in a cage with nobody to open the door. 

I do go walking with our dogs which is great for my mind, I do get tired of hearing and seeing them behind me every time I walk outside. This morning was not good morning as I had thought's of killing myself and my little dog while driving to place for out walk. I have not felt like that for years its not great feeling and I had none to talk too.

My husband does not understand what I am going through its hard to talk to him how I am feeling for that time. 

I am out going person like meet different people and have great conversation with others. I am in pain with my Scoliosis in my neck and back which is caused by doing too much sewing and crocheting which I love doing keeping my hand busy. 

I do my best to look after myself, eat well, keep up walking too but my mental health is running with rust around it. Thank  you Rachele

2 REPLIES 2
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Coping

Hey @Rachele ,

Firstly, a warm welcome to you. I hope you will be able to find connection and belonging on our forums.

I'm sorry your health has hindered you from doing the things you love most. Can you think of other things you may be able to do instead of sewing and crocheting? Otherwise, will taking more regular breaks help? (Sorry, I'm not much of a sewer or crocheter! But I know @Judi9877 loves knitting)

As for taking the dogs out, that's great that you can do that. I find the fresh air so helpful in terms of lifting my mood. It takes effort to get out, but once out, I really enjoy it.

Loneliness and isolation traps people's heart and mind. In the past, I was also very isolated, but it was forums like this that taught me to re-connect with humans.

I hope you will find others with similar interests to you.

Kindest,

tyme

Eve7
Community Guide

Re: Coping

Hello @Rachele  and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry you have felt like  that today and I really hope you have support in place to help when those thoughts become overwhelming.

I will tag @moderator who May be able to offer you more options.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance