Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Lovely @Shaz51 you deserve a day off 💐

Thank u so much … I feel a bit better after our therapy session last night. It’s a new day & I’m feeling positive. Love 2 u all x

Dear @Shaz51, I was taught a great recipe for a concoction for coping when I have the flu and I am feeling depressed as well. Please feel free to share it. A fantastic naturopath gave the recipe after 8 doses of antibiotics failed to work. Here goes....

Into a glass put a dollop of honey, the juice of one lemon, some fenugreek seeds, a small teaspoon of fresh garlic or bottled garlic, a small teaspoon of fresh ginger or bottled ginger, and some warm or hot water from the kettle or tap. Stir thoroughly until all ingredients are combined. Gargle the concoction so that it coats your sore throat and swallow, if you wish. This combination is both antibiotic and it reduces fever and builds up your immune system. Unless you are allergic to bees, I can recommend it to anyone (though I would strain it for children to swallow).

I hope you are allowed to share this. The it next time you are feeling low.

i will share @Ripples 

thank you soo much my friend 

how has your day been today xx

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group.  I don't have very much in my coping toolbox. I care for my elderly mother and also do everything around my home. I don't have a support network and am slowly burning out, and coping with my own mental health issues am finding my MH is not coping well. Any suggestions? 

I am feeling the same, burning our trying to raise 2 young boys with partner who has given up and doesn't want to engage and get help. Have to learn to treasure any 5 minutes you get for peace and yourself.

Hello @TiredL @Flurry0306,

@TiredL you have a support network here now! 😊🙏💙

A big welcome to you both. I'm running so a quick note to say welcome to the forums. A place where you can give and receive support and offload without any judgement. 

I also gently encourage you to contact the Carer Gateway and access these. Here is a link:

https://www.carergateway.gov.au/help-advice/home

Both practical and emotional supports are available. I need to run for now but look forward to getting to know you both 💕

Hello also to

@Shaz51 @Ripples @Mum6 @Appleblossom @Krishna @greenpea 💕

Thanks for sharing this @Shaz51 . 

1. Another I would add that I have noted which has helped is daily journaling even if for 10 min. It has really helped checked in with self. 

Thankyou xx

I’m using each day as my phone screen saverI’m using each day as my phone screen saver

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance