Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

@Emelia8 i dont know if i can be a carer fir much longer

I can understand that @outlander 😔💝

However ... can you try to explain to me why you feel that you are unable to continue as your pops carer?

i dont really know anymore @Emelia8 i dont know maybe im just tired. always arguing with him or being yelled at or saying the wrong thing and feeling bad for it. i dont want to be at home but i dont really want to be away either.

im not getting notifications for this thread atm either 🤷‍♀️

Being a carer can often be a very thankless task @outlander . And given your health concerns lately, it would not be surprising if you are feeling a little short on patience. Not an ideal time to be making major decisions either.

But honestly @outlander I would totally understand if you no longer chose to do it. You totally deserve a chance to do things you want to do, without being constantly tied to caring for your Pop and your siblings. I would love that small sense of freedom for you @outlander , and a break from the constant responsibility for others.

Emelia

yeah its tough here atm and the biggest thing thats happening here i cant even talk about 😞 ive had 5 hrs sleep in almost 4 days because of it, involved a huge safety issue for me and those around my house and needing police etc. i wish i could say more here. @Emelia8 
yeah i need to get pain under control. the headaches are relentless all the time now and nothing helps not even pain relief.
im stuck between i just want to go and do something with my life-live a normal life but then the other half me says no. i think i need a break not a 2 night stay with my sister a proper break away from everything

how are you @Emelia8 how are your wounds healing

Yes you're right @outlander  ... a two night escape with your sister tagging along ... was not a break!

You really need at least a 2 week getaway ... to relax, recharge and just be.  No responsibilities, no bickering grumpy Pop complaining about everything, no spoiled siblings wanting to you to do everything for them.  Can dream Li'l One.

You mentioned notifications earlier ... My email notifications come in up to 3 days late over the past week or more.  Its very annoying.  I think the New Notifications symbol is coming through pretty much on time, but most definitely not the email notifications.

Thanks for asking ... overall pain levels from surgical wounds have improved over last day or two.  Swelling much reduced as well.  I continue to have quite severe nerve pain in my left arm however.  But I have nerve pain medication and pain patches for my back injury from which I also get nerve pain from ... and after checking ... I can use them for my surgical nerve pain as well.  So I have started using the meds today.  Hoping it helps.  wont use the pain patches yet, as I still have open wounds where they are best placed.

I visited my GP practice this afternoon, and thats where I asked about the use of my nerve pain meds/patches.  The nurse also removed my surgical dressings and checked wounds.  They are healing well.  But I have to say ... it all looks pretty gruesome. I'm sure they hacked out bigger chunks then planned.  Though I'm sure it will improve over time.  Anyway it feels a little better without all the waterproof heavy dressings, especially since the weather has been very hot this week.  I now have just a light cloth tape dressing over both incisions.  Big day Wednesday next week ... I see my psych in the morning and my surgeon in the afternoon.

I'm off to bed now .... so will say good night.  I hope you get at least a few restful hours of sleep tonight sweetie.

Emelia 🌸

thank you @Emelia8
im glad your wounds are healing well but im sorry about the pain your still in. i hope they ease soon. nerve pain isnt great, i have permamant nerve damage that meds dont help much for so im really glad theres one that works for you

Does anyone have their loved ones suffer feom sundownings? 

@Emelia8 @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Anastasia @Sophia1 @Sophie1 @Smc 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance