Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

@Mrsjones  @nymeria92  

Yiy might pick up some tips that might be helpful scrolling through this discussion thread.

images (26).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

@ACETEAM3  you might pick up some tips and hints here ... feel free to post as well.Smiley Very Happy

learning-patience.jpg

@Scoo 

You might find some tips in this discussion thread.

images (67).jpeg

@JS1 

You might pick up some hints in this discussion thread.

7-pillars-English-Version-e1567411510260.png

@Icare20 

Doing jigsaws is actually good for your health and is shown to have a number of benefits. I find them to be a good form of relaxation. I have never been one for yoga and other traditonal forms of mindfulness. An article I read puts it like this:  "Talk about being fully in the moment. When working on a jigsaw puzzle, my worries melt away as my attention remains laser-focused on one thing: where does this puzzle piece fit? It is similar to gazing at a painting in a museum. Looking intently at the beautiful image in front of me is relaxing, and according to some studies, can translate to physical benefits, including lowered blood pressure."

When I do a jigsaw I usually focus on it and as another article I read, enjoy a break from technology and improve my memory at the same time. 

To keep cost down, I usually buy jigsaws at 2nd hand shops and donate them back when I am done.

DdUmTHCW0AAHdnV.jpg

References:

https://www.guideposts.org/better-living/health-and-wellness/living-longer-living-better/6-surprisin...igsaw-puzzles

http://www.southmountainmemorycare.com/blog/30-7-surprising-benefits-of-doing-jigsaw-puzzles-for-all...

I love doing jigsaw puzzles @iCare , @Former-Member 

but i have not done one for ages

have to get back to doing them Smiley Very Happy

@Adge, @Kasey13 , @Smc , @kayjee 

I do not like doing jigsaw puzzles @Shaz51 I find them far too frustrating, especially 500 (small) piece puzzles.

So I never completed any of those (as a teen or adult).

However, since I am regularly having to help my disabled client do her jigsaw puzzles.

She loves doing jigsaw puzzles (only 50 to 100 piece ones), yet she gets stuck sometimes - so I have to help her to figure it out.

So I am having to "learn to love doing jigsaws" (whether I like it or not).

Yes, it's rubbing off on me (a little bit)....

Adge

ahhhhh that is nice @Adge Smiley Very Happy

50 to 100 piece ones are good

i have done big ones like 1500 pieces but i am finding hard to find time to continue

I might do some 5oo piece ones might be good to do

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance