Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Hopenfaith
New Contributor

Any advice??

Hi all.i am new and wanted to share. How do you deal with or cope when one of your siblings who is married to a narcissist. My sibling has not be in touch due to his wife who currently is pregnant as well. I have had a list of negative projections sent to me about why I am so bad. Basically a character assassination. They have been married less than 4mths and in that time I have only seen them maybe 3 times and I have had complaints. Just seems impossible to reason with her or him as they seem to have a highly dysfunctional relationship and expecting their first child.Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1
nashy
Senior Contributor

Re: Any advice??

Hi there @Hopenfaith  thank you for posting. You are definitely not alone with this one, it's really challenging to manage so we're sending you a lot of love. Narcissistic personalities do have a tendency to isolate their partners from any family or friends, so no doubt you're feeling the brunt of that and it can be quite challenging at times. Have you got a therapist or counsellor yourself you can chat to about this? Our SANE helpline are available to talk to for general information on potential strategies as well, their number is 1800 187 263.

We also have a quick guide on NPD here that's quite informative.

Do you have any personal support in regards to the aggressive attacks about your character, anyone you can speak to in the way of friends etc? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance