cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Poppet1
Contributor

Feeling better

hi everyone! I've had my first appointment with the psychologist who feels I dont have full blown PTSD (thank goodness) and just having one session so far and a new medication I'm starting to feel like my pre bushfire self. Hooray

I appreciated the online forum and saw how devastating the bushfires were to many and that others just had the feeling of terror still silently bubbling deep down. Im hoping to extinguish those feelings over the coming months.

Thankyou all

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Feeling better

That's fantastic news @Poppet1!! I'm really happy for you. Another step toward recovery. Look forward to hearing more updates & journeying with you through the forums as you go. 😊

Well done for taking action @Poppet1, so happy for you that you're beginning to feel more like yourself again. 
Stay in touch! 

Hugs @Poppet1 , @AZZ , @TideisTurning ❤

Another appointment over proving I'm definitely on the upward turn! Next week we'll focus on how to deal with anxiety and the like. I'll let you know how I go!

Just a half hour appointment with the psycholigist and I continue to feel mostly on top of things now. Pilates deep breathing is the one tool I know how to do and know it will aid in getting on top of any anxiety that may rear its ugly head in the future. Thankyou

Hi @Poppet1 

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Are the appointments going well?

hello @Poppet1 , how are you today , thinking of you lots 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: