Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

nashy
Senior Contributor

SANE Support - We want your feedback!

Hello wonderful forum members! We have another quick little survey in order to help us share SANE services with the broader community who are affected by complex mental health.

This survey seeks to gain a better understanding of what messages would resonate with you regarding the SANE Forums and Helpline. This survey should take no more than 3 - 5 minutes and is anonymous. It will help us to shape future Marketing to help drive traffic to our services 🙂 This survey wraps up next Tuesday. For all those who participate - a big thank you in advance. 

Link here: http://bit.ly/2Sp41Ar

12 REPLIES 12

Re: SANE Support - We want your feedback!

Done  

@nashy 😊

done @nashy Heart

I have run surveys when I was well and working. I know you mean well. I can't help feeling that surveys generally structured to get a particular result. I need this service when I'm an struggling and as a way to connect. When I'm struggling the sane website is impossible to navigate. In the process I become more alone. It makes things worse. Some VERY simple Guidlines on how to use the site are needed. I've been trying to use the site, the benefits are hit and miss. Mostly miss for me. 

@WriterMelb Hey there so sorry to hear the website is super difficult to navigate. We are currently working on improvements across the site especially in the forums area, we will also take your feedback on regarding the survey and get the team to review. Thanks so much for being so honest and open 🙂 I hope the forums are helping to some degree Heart

Hello @WriterMelb and @nashy

Writer...I sooo know what you mean. Hence, I very rarely come on here.

Years ago there was an incredible on-line forum called BlueBoard, run by the ANU. Navigation. Incredible!!

It was like opening a book and there is the clear index to peruse, plus a list of the latest 10 (I think it was) threads posted on.

People could stay in their own area...eg, BiPolar, Depression...and the likes, but pretty much, anyone went anywhere and it was so friendly, open, supportive. Also, the mods (ModSquad) were qualified or in-training health professionals. That, and the incredible anonymity of the site, made it feel so safe and secure, warm and protective...totally comforting 🙂
Hi @Shaz51 and @BlueBay
thought I'd tag you in as you also posted on here 🙂
You've heard this from me before, I know. Broken record, hey?

Lots of hugs, guys 😉
No matter when one would go on, there was usually someone there, so at least could just chat with someone, and that I found, well, lifesaving at times, honestly.

Navigation here..I just give up and leave it for months sometimes.

I've tried everything in my power to get Sane or someone to get the style up again, but no hope. Deaf ears and plugged tight as well.

Actually, for "quick chat" I ended up on a dating site, and that had more downs than ups, but I learnt heaps 🙂 .

I still so wish the BlueBoard style would be brought back. I even wrote to them when they had that recent thing just as covid was settling in. At least I got a real reply from a real person...but seems she got nowhere either 😞

Hugs, Take care

Hey there @BlueBells sounds like you had a really positive experience with that forum Heart I am sorry to hear they changed the styling and functionality of it, it can be hard when platforms evolve for sure, especially when they're a resource we use for support.

I am sorry to hear you find our forum hard to navigate. A lot of the re-design has been in consultation with both existing members as well as people in the broader community living with mental health challenges, also all of our mods are mental health professionals 🙂 If this makes you feel a little more comfortable at all. We're open to any feedback about the forums design overall, send us an e-mail whenever you like via feedback@sane.org or you can write to us at: SANE Australia PO Box 226 South Melbourne Victoria 3205. Thanks again for posting @BlueBells hope to see you around Smiley Happy

Hi @nashy
The site did not evolve. Turns out it was simply "research" and although they admitted they had excellent results and learnt so much from all participants (read 'guinea pigs' ) they said time was up and being shut down.

I tried as best I could to get Sane, where I think most BlueBoarders ended up, to consider implementing the format, even while it was closing.

I tried to get the organisation, and others, to check out the site before it closed to see for themselves.

I've not got that much puff in me any more. Obviously no one in administration in any of these organisations actually care about feedback, so seriously....why bother?

I've even tried twice to put forward the idea when the g'ment was doing those mental health reviews, but....

Have you any knowledge of that site or what I am even referring to?

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that.

The format was beyond reproach. Simple as that. It is proof that it was way above top-of-the-class.

So, if reasearch is to enable improvement....why was it discarded? That is the one question I have not, from anyone, got a plausible answer.

Google : the blueboard book
scroll down to : press.anu.edu.au

I am not putting this 'letter' in an email, as this is open to anyone who wishes to read and comment.

Thanks again for your reply. I wish you and anyone else who happens to read this, a really good day 🙂
hugs

@nashy

by the way, on BlueBoard, this would be on the opening page, no need to 'tag' people, it was open, very open.

Liken it to, maybe...people wandering around in a large hall with food on tables, where interaction was simply ....happening, compared to a limited number of people seated in a few rooms, where interaction required going to another room, effectively breaking contact with the ones left in the room.

Yes, I really miss the BB chat 😞 Silenus and GonePirate were like brothers in there

hey @BlueBells sounds like a super important community to you, I am really sorry about the loss of this. It's a shame to hear you're not up for submitting feedback but I get the feeling of having no "puff", and you're right you are sharing feedback with others here 🙂 I do need to note, we need to be mindful about discussing other forums at length, or mentioning members from said forums. We have a guideline around this here. I know it can be frustrating but it's to keep members safe, as well as to ensure the right feedback mechanisms are used for other services. Sorry to hear about the loss of your favourite services, I hope one day you find an online community that clicks for you - you sound like you have a lot to offer your peers 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance