Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

@mention - new forum feature!

Hi everyone,

We have a new feature that I think you would all find helpful!

It's called the @mention feature. 

What is it?

It's a way to notify a specific member. Let's say for example, you are reading a member's post and you think "Oh I think I remember NikNik had experienced a similar situation, maybe she will have some good advice for this person" OR you're writing a new post that you think would be particularly relevant to a specific member, you can get their attention (they will get an email notification).

How do I use it?

It's similar functionality to twitter and facebook when you mention/tag someone. All you need to do is type the "@" symbol, followed by the first 3 letters of the member's username & a bunch of suggested member's usernames will come up, with their profile pictures. You just click on the one you're looking for.

Test it in this thread if you want to give it a go! :smileyhappy:

Okay, so lets test this out. I'm going get the attention of @Alessandra1992 @Jake @kristin @kenny66 @BatGuano  @ivana @Maude so they can test it & tell me how it goes!

Of course, all other members can have a go in here too 🙂

19 REPLIES 19

Re: @mention - new forum feature!

@NikNik pause for audience applause...  Not a sausage! 

Pret-ty fan-cy huh? @Alessandra1992 

until you @mention the wrong person @chemonro 

Sorry for the tag @Alessandra1992 

It didn't work on a to shins laptop either tsing Chrome browser...grrrr gremlins would love the @ feature to work for me @NikNik which still doesn't pop up..

Is the browser the issue? Are you using internet explorer or safari?

Errmm...What?

Hi @Nik Nik it doesn't work on my phone

Hi @peace,

Nik's not around tonight but I am here to help. Smiley Happy

The '@' mention feature does work on mobiles but it needs to be done manually, which means the drop down box won't appear, you need to type in name of the member you want to mention. You just got to make sure that their name is spelt correctly or it won't work. Nik's written a post that explains it in a bit more depth.

Hope that helps!

CB

Hey @peace 

So specifically with this post what CB's saying is that you'd need to type @NikNik (no spaces) for it to work on your phone. Trickier but a few of the others seem to have mastered it. I don't even try to access the forum on my phone!

Kind regards,

Kristin

I find phone easier than laptop..I love the portability of the phone.. But beginning to think maybe need to try laptop. Laptop for me has work written all over it so I enjoy the phone as this is not for work!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance