Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Where is heck is NikNik?

Hi all!

I'm very excited because I'm heading to the USA for a holiday. My travels will include -

- Chicago

- Vegas

- San Fran

- Hawaii

During that time @CherryBomb will still be floating around and working hard behind the scenes, along with our other fabulous moderators.

I will be off on the 14 April and will be back 4 May.

If you have any tips on the cities mention above, don't hesitate to respond to this post and let me know!

Here is a video of me packing 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Where is heck is NikNik?

Hey @NikNik 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Are you going on your own or accompanied?

It is nearly 20 years since I was in the US but I spent most of my primary school years there, including in Chicago.

SF is my favourite US city by far. Make sure you use the cable cars (trams) as much as possible, they are great fun - especially up and down those hills 🙂

I have been through Hawaii numerous times but never stopped, all I can tell you from that is hot & humid (which may not be now as it is spring there)! It looks beautiful.

I have just one peice of advice about visiting US cities. Wear your intuition on full alert. Even in the middle of the day there are parts of these cities which are not terribly safe, and it doesn't necessarily look all that different - you may just walk up a road on the way somewhere and feel the temperature drop - take a bus or a taxi etc if you notice that. Don't walk. You wouldn't walk around King's Cross in the middle of the night, it's a bit like that kind of unsafe but not necessarily obviously so.

Sorry I don't want to scare you - just be a"lert" 🙂 and take care so you can have an awesome time.

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

PS I should also warn you if you like eating healthy food that can be a huge challenge (it was very much so the last couple of times I went). The closest thing to "healthy" was Subway. Even in restaurants and cafes so much was laden with fat, sugar and salt - in huge servings.

Oh and they tend to serve the salad first (if you're lucky enough to have one offered)!

Hope you get to see the Bulls play in Chicago and listen to some blues..maybe see Celine in Vegas or some other amazing Vegas act..
Hang five in Hawaii..be careful on the pipeline. And lastly, maybe read Tales of the City before heading for San Fran..or watch an episode..you'll enjoy the tram rides..woohoo..

&... I'm back 🙂

I did see a Bulls game @Alessandra1992 - it was awesome. Had a great time everywhere actually.

🙂 Great to be back!

@NikNik

I didn't even see the post saying you were going lol

Welcome Back!

Yaaaaay!!! So happy you're back @NikNik. Big warm welcoming cyber hugs. We missd you!

I'll second (or third Smiley Happy@kato & @CherryBomb - Welcome back @NikNik !! We are so glad to have you back safely and that you havd a wonderful time. That is such good news!

Kind regards, Kristin

Oh wow look what I found @NikNik

Hello @kristin, @CherryBomb, @kato, @Alessandra1992 xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance